Monday, 24 October 2016

PUSH 23 Launch Party


'Sandinista Girls' photo by Grant Fleming.


This Saturday in the upstairs function room at the Horse & Stables, 124 Westminster Bridge Rd, Lambeth, London SE1 7RW,  is a very special PUSH launch night. This is the first issue where all male voices have been excluded. PUSH began its life sold on the street at West Ham with stories of gang crime, London drug scenes, anger, hard cutting edge male voices. But this was because I had a targeted readership. The alternative read home on the way home after the game. 



But the fanzine evolved from issue one to a point in time where the ladies have taken over the lunatic asylum. And they have delivered. I say they. But we are 2 different creatures. Male/Female. I called it the female rage issue. But actually all the words are about the disappointment in experiences by the likes of my side of the fence. It has been a hard issue to edit as seen myself in some of the words. 

All I can say though is that PUSH launches are not like any other literary launches. Anyone who knows me definitely knows, I cannot do this business seriously. The mag is. But I like the launches to be fun and this one will be. Readings, music and the famous raffle will prevail and the prizes are by far the best yet. It is free and starts at 7pm. Come down to the heart of London Town Saturday. Money back if you feel you have been let down.









No comments:

Post a Comment