Thursday, 23 February 2017

C-O-N - first cheap issue


For so many, and to put it bluntly, 2016 was a bit of a toxic year. A year of high profile deaths, your own personal upheaval, and it seemed, all on a seismic scale, not too much of a feel good factor. What annoyed me was in how that toxic year created division among friends, families and the masses. Everyone still blames a certain former ruling party for the economic mess we are in, when the facts still prevail. It was the greed and mismanagement of the world’s banks that caused another crash. And as I write, nothing has healed. What I want the fanzine to encompass is a coming together. Is that possible? Anything in life is possible. 

The theme is loosely based on power, corruption and lies. And what exactly is fake news? I thought the red tops have always peddled that, so why is it all of a sudden a new topic?

I am looking for essays, fiction, poetry from all sides of any so called political divide. I do not support any political party and at every election I have always voted PUSH.

I am known for my previous fanzine and I suppose this is, for all intents and purposes, the political wing of that past venture. Being honest, I am both nervous and excited about C-O-N. It may fall on its own sword. Who knows? What I do know is that I need voices that articulate a point of view. The door is now open. 

Send to pushmag@email.com




No comments:

Post a Comment